Police Yet to Receive Court Order Halting Tinted-Glass Permit Enforcement — FPRO

The Nigeria Police Force says it has not yet been officially served the court order directing it to suspend enforcement of tinted-glass permit regulations.
Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Benjamin Hundeyin, made this known on Saturday in response to reports that a Federal High Court had ordered the police to stop arresting or prosecuting motorists over the issue.
On Friday, the court, in Suit No. FHC/WR/CS/103/2025, John Aikpokpo-Martins v. Inspector-General of Police & Nigeria Police Force ordered a halt to the enforcement of the permit scheme pending the outcome of the case. The order instructed the police to maintain the status quo.
Responding via his X (formerly Twitter) account, Hundeyin said:
“While we have not been officially served the court order you’re referencing, let me highlight point number eight (of the same order) since only point six has been circulated. Nigerians deserve the full context.”
His reaction came after lawyer Inibehe Effiong shared part of the court’s ruling on social media, highlighting the temporary suspension of enforcement.
The police had earlier reinstated the tinted-glass permit system in April 2023 under the Police Specialised Services Automation Project (POSSAP), after it was suspended in 2022.


